Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday 10/19/11

Hello my dear readers!

Well, here we are, Halloween a few days away with Thanksgiving coming quickly after, and Christmas far quicker than I want it too! I have been busy working on my Thanksgiving items, with my first one ready to share with you today. Here is Tommy Turkey and his Punkin! He is sooo cute and I am really, really happy with how he turned out! I have made him from vintage polished cotton from my mom's fabric stash, so I am guessing that the print is from the late 70's/early 80's--since that is about the time my mom stopped sewing. His tail is made from homespun that I bought earlier this year and his punkin is made from quilt quality cottons, bought from a local quilting store.The punkin is finished off with a felted wool leaf, a stem made from a twig I found in my yard and a rusty wire vine. Tommy also sports a felted wool wattle! Well, with no further ado--here he is in various stages along with his finished shot! He is getting ready for his pro shots for Etsy and then he will be up and ready to be shared with everyone!

Tommy Turkey is made from a pattern by Crafts by Jody -- be sure to check out her blog! She has lots of fun things over there and she is in a online Holiday Fair November 11th, 12the and 13th. Stop by and say hi and get an early start on your holiday shopping!


So... here is Tommy, all put together, but no finishing touches... well he is put together, but he doesn't have his tail feathers, features or punkin yet!
Here is a close up on his beak. I decided that his beak was a little big for him, so I trimmed it down just a smidge. Next, Tommy is all finished. The next picture of him he is displayed with a punkin... but not his proper punkin! This punkin is one of my trio of punkins that hasn't been painted yet, but I wanted to see what he would look like!

Here he is with his proper punkin...but I thought he needed to be holding it instead of just having it sitting in front of him! And one final close up of Tommy Turkey showing you his oh so proper Punkin!

Thank you so much for coming and visiting and most especially for seeing Tommy! He will be making his journey over to Etsy here in a short bit in case you would like to have Tommy come visit for Thanksgiving! He is quite polite and will be sure to bring plenty of holiday cheer and punkin pies to share!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie - hope he survives Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable, I am sure he will 'fly' right out of your Etsy shop! Great work as always Karen, thanks for sharing. Deb

    ReplyDelete