Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday!

YES!! I finally have a WIP post on the correct day! Wednesdays, for some reason, seem to be my craziest day during the week! Hubby and I run errands mid week and we take Tae Kwon Do 3 times a week, one of which is today, and I seem to be on a constant run on Wednesdays--so I feel pretty darn happy that I am making a post today! Plus, Bean boy seems to be sleeping in today! Soooo I will type quickly!

Just a couple updates to what I showed you over the weekend and a few extra pics. Plan is tonight, after class, I will take my pictures and get things up on Etsy (finally!!!) tomorrow! I just want to have EVERYTHING done, but I am going to put up what I have done now and then add over the next couple days!

Ok... first off! Remember the Scare-die Cats I shared over the weekend? Well, I was doing a final grunge on one Cat and it decided to dive into my tea and spice mix and just get COVERED! I let it dry and I LOVED the look!! So, I am asking you, dear reader, to tell me which version you like best! The somewhat grungy one or the EXTREME grunge!

Here are 2 before the extreme grunge--
And here they are after the extreme grunge--




What do you think?? Which one do you like better?? Think is more prim-tastic! LOL I, personally, really like the extreme grunged one! I am soo happy with how they turned out, I am contemplating doing some Mama dolls! So look for them coming soon!

I have also been working on other kitties and kandy korns and even some bats!  

I love this kitty! I love the HUGE nose and the little button eyes--it was supposed to have snaps, but I personally prefer the buttons instead. The little Kandy Korns need to be sanded and grunged and then they will be perfect for a prim holiday! Here are some fabric leaves that I finished up last night--I really like them too--I think they would be perfect tucked under some prim pumpkins or a bowl of fall fixins.

I am tickled with how well they came out! I think they look very realistic, and I am thinking about pinning them together with a rusty safety pin in groups of 4.

Keep an eye here for more goodies to come! Till next time--be safe and happy crafting!!

Karen 







4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Gotta admire your handiwork! And since you asked I like the extreme grunged cat best. And the leaves are awesome - they look so great!
    Have a fun day!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am really happy with how the leaves came out!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your energy amazes me, look at all you have accomplished in just a few short days with everything else you do! I love the extreme prim scardie-cats, can you ever have too much grunge?! LOL! And your new button eyed kittie is too cute, love the nose. The leaves turned out so beautiful, they are just starting to turn here, can't wait to hear the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot instead of the crunch of dead, dry grass! Thanks for the great pictures,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! You are quite the busy crafter...love those Autumn leaves. Thank you for stopping by my blog and following along. I look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete