Monday, April 1, 2013

April Ponderings

Good morning Dear Reader!

First off, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday! Ours was nice and quiet! Little Man convinced Papa to pullout ALL the Thomas the Tank Engine wooden track and they spent the day doing various layouts in the front room! Much fun! :-)


This year, for Easter Dinner, instead of the traditional Ham or Lamb for dinner, I found a really yummy pork roast recipe for Roasted Garlic and Herb Pork Loin--we had steamed veggies with it and I am thinking about having a salad out of the left over roast for dinner tonight.

Talking about Little Man, I can NOT believe that he is 2! We celebrated his 2nd birthday with Grandpa and Omi and all his cousins and THAT was a lot of fun! It was a Thomas the Tank Engine day all the way around and again this year, his cup cake toppers were provided by Tami of SugarArtByTami. She is wonderful to work with and I can't sing her praises enough! She modified the trains so we could have  Thomas,  James and  Percy. Here is a picture of Little Man and his cupcake!


And as we celebrate my youngest's 2nd birthday, my oldest is preparing for Prom, graduation and college just around the corner--truly, where has the time gone?

On the crafting side of life, be on the look out for many new items! I am working on a myriad of prim flowers--daisies, black eyed susans, sunflowers, wild flowers, and roses as well as new dolls and fun summer items!



The top picture is a box of various prim blossoms waiting for stuffing--I sewed up well over 100 blossoms this past weekend!!-- faces to be sewn on as well as stems and leaves added. Bottom box is a picture of a bouquet of black eyed susans and daisies, with roses and wild flowers to come! 

And less I forget! Be sure to stop by The Olde Primitive Peddler to see my newest offering--

 (A Primitive Posy Candle Mat) 
and view all the other wonderful creations to be found there! 

Well, Dear Reader, I should get back to finishing up those flowers, so I shall end for now! 

Take care, and Happy Crafting! 
Till next time, 

Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment