Thursday, August 18, 2011

WIP.....Thursday!

Good morning!!

I was reading Deb's blog-- Paxton Valley Folk Art and she had a Watcha Doing Wednesday post, and I tried to get a WIP post done for yesterday, but didn't quite make it so it is Work In Progress Thursday! LOL!! I have been burning the midnight oil between caring for my little boy and taking tae quon do classes and taking care of my family and I have some fun new things I have been working on! I thought I would also share some of my sewing room too! Here is a pair of owl wings from Who's Who, an owl pattern designed by Deb of Paxton Valley Folk Art that I am in the process of stitching up!


I love the look of cutter quilts on prim items and while I love the look, I am loathe to cut up antique quilts, so I make my own! I just tear up strips of fabrics and utilize my scraps to make them. I am working on Christmas stars made from green and red ticking and here are piles of torn fabric to make the cutter quilts for the stars--

Cutter quilt ideas--I love playing around with the strips--do I do planned combinations or just let them happen as they may??


Here are a couple of finished ticking stars, just waiting to be tea stained and dried--and waiting especially to spend Christmas with you!!


Besides these Christmas stars, I am working on Halloween and Fall items--candy corns, black kitties, pumpkins, stuffed leaves, acorns and other items too! Lots of sewing, stuffing, painting and decorating going on here! I heard geese honking the other morning as they flew over and I knew at that moment, fall was on its way!  Here are a few fall items I am working on right now--along with the stars!



Have a wonderful, craft-ful Thursday!! Be back soon!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Karen, look at how busy you have been! Can't wait to see your finished pieces. I had tried to publish my WIP's post yesterday but Blogger was not cooperating so I am going to do a Whatcha Working On Thursday post too! Thanks for the mention gal, much appreciated! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love those little stars! They are so cute!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete